We offer a range of skin peels, also known as chemical peels at Hilton Skin Clinics, including:
- The Retinol peel, a mild to moderate peel suitable for treating ageing, acne and pigmentation.
- The TCA peel, suitable for treating a wide range of conditions including mild acne scarring, age spots, pigmentation, melasma and solar keratosis (sun spots).
- The Skin Brite peel, suitable for treating pigmentation problems, brightening skin tone.
- The Pigmentation peel (often called the Pumpkin peel), suitable for treating pigmentation, smoothing fine lines, wrinkles and brightening skin.
Our skin peels come in a number of different strengths, suitable for all skin types and for treating a wide range of skin conditions. They work on a number of levels, treating surface skin complaints but also working deep within the skin to stimulate the production of elastin and collagen. The peels can also be combined with other treatments, such as microdermabrasion and we will also usually recommend a skincare regime for you to follow at home after the peel. [LINK TO THE MICRODERMABRASION PAGE]
What Happens During a Peel?
During treatment, once your skin has been analysed and an appropriate peel chosen, skin will be cleansed, a prepping solution applied and the peel gently applied to your skin. Depending on the treatment, gauze may then be applied to activate the peel. What happens after treatment depends on the type of peel you have. Some peels are light and gentle, exfoliating the top layer of skin very gently with no redness or flaking. Other peels are stronger and work at a deeper level to treat more severe skin complaints and so might cause some slight redness or tenderness and the shedding of the top layers of skin in the days following treatment.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
The amount of treatments you need really depends on your skin complaint. A series of three to six peels will usually be recommended, although some patients may choose to have just one peel before a special occasion or event to brighten and smooth their skin.
Benefits of Skin Peels
Skin peels can bring about a wide range of benefits, including:
- A reduction in sun damage, including fine lines and wrinkles and sun spots.
- A reduction in minor scarring.
- Improved skin tone, colour and texture.
- A reduction in acne and breakouts.
- A reduction in pore size.
- Brighter, tighter, plumper and more youthful-looking skin.
- The stimulation of collagen and elastin, meaning that the appearance of skin improves over time as collagen and elastin production increases.
For more information about our skin peels, please contact Hilton Skin Clinics today.