Ageing skin is characterised by a number of skin issues, including increased laxity, fine lines and wrinkles, discolouration and a rough texture.
- Increased laxity is the medical term for skin that is sagging or drooping. As we age, collagen production slows, which means that skin starts to lose volume. This loss of volume means that skin can sag in a downwards direction and droop, which can cause jowls, drooping eyelids and sagging eyebags.
- Fine lines and wrinkles are one of the most obvious signs of ageing. They’re caused by a combination of factors, including decreased collagen and elastin. Skin starts to thin as we get older, and this, combined with skin laxity, means that skin is no longer firm and smooth and fine lines and wrinkles start to appear.
- Discolouration, also referred to as age spots or sun spots, often appears on skin as we get older. It tends to be caused by sun exposure, but everyday life can also leave skin ruddy and red, with reddish or blue thread veins.
- Rough skin is another tell-tale sign of ageing. Skin might appear rough or hardened, no matter how much moisturiser you apply.
How Laser360 Works
Laser360iQ works to counteract these tell-tale signs of ageing by combining four cutting edge laser technologies.
- NIR (near-infrared) heats the dermis, targeting the lipids (fatty tissues) and connective tissues. It causes micro-damage, which induces cell repair, leaving skin smoother, brighter and more youthful.
- AFT (advanced IPL) uses highly targeted, precise pulses of light to treat discolouration, redness and thread veins. The pulses of light are absorbed by the pigmented or discoloured skin, causing damage. Over time, discolouration is reduced and thread veins are minimised.
- PixelQSW is a non-ablative form of laser skin resurfacing, which causes very minor cell damage, prompting accelerated cell repair, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles and improving the appearance of photo-damaged skin.
- Pixel Er:YAG uses precision laser technology to create thousands of microscopic perforations on the surface of skin, helping to stimulate collagen production and cell repair, toning, firming and smoothing ageing skin.
Laser360iQ is a safe, non-invasive treatment that has been used on thousands of patients across the world. Each treatment time will differ according to which laser technology is being used: some will take a few minutes, some will take longer. Treatment is relatively painless and patients can return to their normal activities once treatment is over, although some treatments will require a little bit of down time. Because Laser360iQ combines four of the most advanced treatments in the industry, skin becomes clearer, firmer, smoother and more youthful-looking, giving you the results you want without having to take a lengthy downtime. Results are long-lasting, if you follow our aftercare advice about protecting your skin from environmental damage, although you may want to return to Hilton Skin Clinics for top-up treatments every now and then if you feel it is needed to refresh your skin.