What is Intravenous Vitamin Therapy or IV Vitamin Infusion?
Vitamin infusion treatments have proven to be a celebrity favourite with the likes of Rhianna, Cara Delevingne, Madonna and Simon Cowell using them as a health treatment so they can keep up with their hectic schedules.
Many people turn to energy drinks and other stimulants when they need to ‘keep on going’, but this is not a healthy choice and provides only temporary relief from the symptoms, combined with a ‘come down’, as also experienced with ‘sugar highs’; all of which is simply not good for us. Eating properly and taking oral multi-vitamins is also an option, but often this isn’t practical and our bodies won’t always absorb them correctly or make the most efficient use of what we take in by mouth. Vitamin therapy, given by direct infusion into your vein, is a much better and quicker way of delivering all the vitamins and minerals that your body may be lacking.
At Hilton Skin Clinics we offer the Intravita range of intravenously delivered vitamin therapy.
Intravita is a professional product comprising carefully created IV drips which are manufactured in a laboratory environment, aimed at delivering safe and effective doses of key ingredients.
By establishing your symptoms, lifestyle and health presentation, such as tiredness, malaise, stress, anxiety, low immune system etc. we can determine the key vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and energy boosting ingredients that your body could benefit from having ‘an injection of’.
Direct delivery by IV drip gets the deficiencies addressed in the quickest way to get you back at the top of your game.
Which Vitamins And Minerals Are Important To Our Bodies?
There are a variety of key vitamins and minerals that our bodies require to function properly, which help to give us healthy skin, bones, blood and make sure that all the primary systems within our body work properly and effectively. Some of them are so important that if we were missing them entirely from our diet we could eventually die – I’m sure you have all heard about early sailors dying from scurvy at sea due to a lack of vitamin C from fresh fruit and vegetables. Vitamin C is indeed an essential nutrient to help us to maintain good health and development but with busy lives it can often be lacking from our daily diet if we don’t get our ‘5-a-day’.
Another important vitamin is B-12, this plays an important role in our blood and ensuring that our brains and nervous system work normally – particularly useful to not be deficient in this if you want to be on the top of your game for work.
But it’s not just vitamins, despite the name of this treatment, anti-oxidants and minerals are also vitally important to our bodies.
Glutathione is an anti-oxidant that helps our bodies to metabolise iron and repairs our DNA. This anti-oxidant is commonly deficient in sports people, such as athletes and anyone pushing their body with intensive training for an event like as a marathon or endurance activity.
Magnesium Sulphate is also key as low levels of magnesium in our bodies can give us muscle cramps, feelings of weakness and even the shakes.
The mineral Calcium Gluconate is also important for our bones and is often used when we see low levels of calcium in the blood due to a vitamin D deficiency, which is more common in the winter months when there is a lack of sun which is how we get most of our vitamin D; not from our food.
All the bespoke options within the Intravita range are able to ‘put back’ these core supplements.
What Can it Treat?
It’s very common to be deficient in certain vitamins and minerals that our body needs to function properly and to be as healthy as possible. We often don’t eat the right foods, drink the right drinks (including too much alcohol), or get enough sleep to provide our body with the primary supplements that we need to maintain the right balance.
The bespoke Intravita IV drips that we offer at Hilton Skin Clinics will literally ‘put back’ a variety of vitamins and minerals to treat deficiencies to improve feelings of tiredness, malaise, stress or anxiety, as well as boosting a poor immune system which can leave you feeling run-down, over-worked and even over-partied. This range even has drips which can assist with anti-ageing treatments, and make a good addition to any aesthetic treatment programme that you may be undertaking to improve the condition of your skin, and to maintain a healthy and youthful complexion.
Types of Vitamin Infusions
The Intravita range offers a variety of bespoke preparations to truly target the health symptoms and lifestyle concerns that you are trying to address.
Solutions available include:
- IV Ultimate Classic Drip is aimed at producing increased energy, aiding better sleep and increasing endurance through a mix of intravenous vitamins and minerals plus the added bonus of high dose glutathione for overall wellness.
- IV Anti-Ageing Drip fights ageing, restores collagen and even improves skin tone with a high dose glutathione and a mix of nutrients.
- IV Athlete/Sport Drip contains high concentrations of all the energy boosting B vitamins and amino acids specifically aimed at those who lead a sporty and active lifestyle or who are in training.
- IV Diet & Detox Drip will detox the body by replenishing fluids, vitamins, minerals and amino acids, helping it to function more efficiently, providing energy and burning off fat.
- IV Energy Boost Drip is aimed at boosting energy levels with a healthy pick-me-up offering higher doses of all the B Vitamins, higher doses of magnesium and the amino acid taurine.
- IV Immunity Drip is for those feeling prone to sickness and tiredness. It is formulated to replenish vitamin, mineral and amino acid levels and includes high doses of vitamin C, zinc and anti-oxidants.
- IV Relaxation Drip has a positive effect on peach of mind, improves concentration and aids restorative sleep. It is a combination drip solution using Intravita’s Ultimate Classic Drip with a high dose of glutamine, carnitine and ornithine to aid balance in stressful situations.
We also have single booster treatments of the IV B12 Drip for a boost of vitamin B12 and IV Antioxidant Drip which contains a boost of glutathione.
For more information about IV vitamin drip therapy with Intravita, please contact Hilton Skin Clinics today.