Making the decision to go ahead with cosmetic treatment could leave you feeling a little bit apprehensive. Here at Hilton Skin Clinics, we’ll make sure that you feel fully supported and informed before, during and after your treatment, providing you with a personalised, tailored healthcare regime to ensure that your procedure is a success.
Keep in mind that the continued success of your treatment largely depends on how well you adhere to the aftercare regime put in place for you. Your treatment with us is just the start of your journey and it’s up to you to continue it at home.
The guidance below can be followed for skin treatments and laser hair removal treatments, but make sure that you follow any additional/differing guidelines that you’re given by the clinic after your specific treatment.
- Keep the treated area clean and dry, and ensure that if you go out in the sun that a sunscreen product with an SPF of at least 30 is applied to the treated area to protect it from potentially damaging sunlight. Ideally you should avoid exposing the treated area to UV rays if possible (either through using sun-beds or by going out in the sun) for at least two weeks.
- Do not use perfumes, aftershave, lotions, creams, bleaching cream or oils on the treated area for 24-48 hours following treatment. If you do want to use a product on the treated area, use a natural, soothing product such as Aloe Vera.
- Avoid exercising for 24-48 hours following treatment. Sweating can cause inflammation of the hair follicles and so should be avoided where possible. The treated area should also not be exposed to unnecessary heat, such as in a Jacuzzi, hot bath, sauna, steam room or sun-bed.
- Avoid using deodorants and antiperspirants on the treated area for 24-48 hours (IPL/laser treatments only).
- Avoid the use of anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen for around a week unless otherwise notified by the clinic.
- Avoid products containing Retinol throughout the whole course of your treatment unless otherwise notified by the clinic.
- Avoid the use of exfoliants or peels for around one week, and waxing, threading, depilation or sugaring during the course of treatment. After IPL/laser hair removal, the only approved form of hair removal is shaving, unless otherwise notified by the clinic.
Become the you you’ve always wanted to be and start your journey by booking a free no-obligation consultation at Hilton Skin Clinics today.